Ryobi Die Casting Scholarship for Vincennes University
Eligibility: All high school seniors that are in an industrial trades program at Blue River Career Center. The scholarship may be renewable for the student between their first and second year at Vincennes University.
Number of Scholarships: 4 annually
Amount of Scholarships: $500 each
- Be a high school senior at any school that is associated with Blue River Career Center or a student from the area served by Blue River Career Center and an attendee at Vincennes University.
- Be currently enrolled in an industrial trades program at Blue River Career Center.
- Be willing to work as a paid intern in one of the skilled trades areas during the summer after being approved to receive a scholarship.
- Must be willing to submit to and successfully pass a drug screen.
Selection of Recipients:
Ryobi Die Casting will accept scholarship applications between January 1st and March 31st of each calendar year for the upcoming school year. A decision regarding the best applicant(s) to receive the award(s) will be made by April 15th of each calendar year. Selection will be done by committee, reviewing the following areas:
High School Award
- Students academic performance in math, language arts, and industrial arts technology. More weight will be given to the math and industrial arts technology grades.
- Students attendance throughout their high school career.
- Participation in extra-curricular activities.
- Recommendations from guidance counselor and teachers.
College Level Award
- Must have been a participant in the scholarship program for the prior year.
- Must have recommendation by the manager and/or supervisor who supervised their internship.
- Review of their academic performance.
- Recommendations from instructors or program director.
The notification of award will be made via letter to the student at their current home address no later than April 15th of each calendar year. Student must report to Ryobi Die Casting to complete pre-employment paperwork for their summer internship no later than May 15th. Checks will be made payable to Vincennes University for payment against any fees incurred by the student upon completion of summer internship and will be issued to the student at the time he/she receives their last internship payroll check.
Download Application Packet
Print and complete application
Mail to: Ryobi Die Casting Attn: John Chrzanowski-Human Resources 800 W. Mausoleum Road, Shelbyville, IN 46176.